Wednesday 22 January 2014

Airline Review: British Airways (Business Class)

This isn't so much a review of the flight (as I'm sure there are already plenty out on the 'net) but a review of the Galleries Club Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3.  It underwent some renovations, I believe, and so everything is looking spotless now.
After snaking your way through the crowded duty free shops, the Galleries Lounge is a welcoming atmosphere - quiet and calm, almost zen-like.  It's another world once you are inside the lounge reception area. There are some seats here that offers multiple power outlets for UK and Euro plugs.  
Inside the main lounge it benefits from huge ceiling to floor windows that lit up the space with plenty of natural light - perfect. Several seating areas are available: restaurant-style seating by the buffet and lounge seats next to the windows.  The lounge seats have power outlets so most people tend to be there.  
Breakfast buffet includes the usual: some juices, warm bacon rolls, small pastries, muffins, cereals, etc..  Come lunch (after 12noon) there will be soup and sandwiches.  
Wine and snacks is at another section of the lounge, which is good as lounges usually crowd everything together.  The decor is simple, but accented with a wall of wine racks stacked full of bottles. 
The business centre is well equipped, with computers and printers, although it is completely under-used as most business travelers travel with laptops/tablets.  There must have been more than 10 terminals there.
Aside from English papers, there are numerous Japanese newspapers and the usual European journals and magazines.  
The toilets are individual cubicles - each outfitted with toilet, sink, skincare products, etc., so one never shares the toilet with another. A nice touch!
It is overall a relaxing experience, which is, I think, what BA is aiming for.  A better food selection for the breakfast may be needed - most travelers on morning flights have to skip breakfast at the hotels and arrive at airport with an empty stomach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment