Thursday 23 January 2014

Recital in Vienna

It was a cold and snowy February, not easy to keep myself warm and to warm up entirely before I play, short of putting my hands in the oven.  The recital hall, at the basement cellar of Domgasses 5, was where Mozart lived from 1784 to 1787.  Steps from the St. Stephan Cathedral, the original entrance was actually on Schulerstrasse, which is now a shop.  The Mozarts rented the upstairs apartment; the building now is run as a museum and a concert venue, aptly named Mozarthaus.

Needless to say, the piano was a Bosendorfer.  Quite a bright piano too, I might add; given the size of the room (about 60 seats?) the small Imperial 290 is just perfect.  

In attendance at my recital was representatives from the Argentinian Embassy.  I bet they were surprise to find an Asian playing Argentine music in Vienna!






No comments:

Post a Comment