Friday 24 January 2014

La dolce vita: Concert and Cava in Barcelona



This is my third time performing at the Reial Cercle Artistic in Barcelona, all thanks to a chance encounter with some great people back in 2011 - and if one day I were to reduce my life into an aphorism, you won't miss the words 'chance encounter' in it.  Ever since then, I have enjoyed every return to the Reial Cercle Artistic (the Royal Circle of Artists, or Royal Artistic Circle, you get the gist), its curators, the Spanish audiences ... and the cava. 
This recital was also quite fitting as I started the programme with couple of works by Joaquim Malats, a composer from Barcelona.  For the symmetry of things, we opened a couple bottles of Spanish cava (sparkling wine from Catalonia) at the end of the concert.  Life doesn't get any better than this.













No comments:

Post a Comment